I am looking for singers (male & female), preferably with Tamil knowledge, lyricists, drummers, keyboard players, flutists, guitarists for my album. If you are interested, please leave a comment or contact me via my profile page

Friday, April 07, 2006

Can you hear me now ? good...

'Can you hear me now ? good..' is an often heard commercial from a popular wireless cell phone provider. How would it be, if it were to be aired for an email service provider ? - can you hear you my email ? can you hear my voice mail ? :-)

NowPos is the first voice mail provider, that lets you do that. NowPos, founded and run by Ayyappa - and good buddy of mine, i have been associated with for over 4 years now, has changed the way you look at email in a radically different manner.

You can send a voice mail to any of your contacts - whether or not they have a NowPos account. They can choose to listen without sign-up - but why would you wait to sign up - when you can now interact with your near and dear ones vocally as opposed to verbosely typing up stuff.

It really takes me back by 6-7 years when there used to be this service called Navin mail (?? or something similar) - where you call up a local number in India and leave a voice mail for the recipient in USA and they'd be able to listen your voicemail by dialing up a toll-free number.

This concept trumps that idea by a long way. The next question on all of your lips would be, alright how do they make money ? Right now, as you might have guessed, it looks like they play ads before the voice mail similar to all the online radio stations like Raaga etc - and that forms a steady revenue stream.

They've already been featured on all major magazines including Forbes, Rediff, Hindu etc.. Listed as one of top 20 broadband innovations in Asia Pacific of 2005 - think it is definitely worth a try.

Considering that this an all-desi product, i think we all should give it a try and support such new innovations by people like Ayyappa.

It is still in beta mode, if you need any invites for signing-up do let me know.

Disclaimer : All the names, references of companies are for linking purposes only, no content replication intended - and all registered Trademarks apply.

2 comments:

Prat said...

I am fascinated by the idea. Bcoz this also means that I will not have to learn to spell, yes? Or thats what I understood.
Anyway, found the disclaimer very interesting. Always wondered how people manage such lean, mean ones :)

Arvind Srinivasan said...

Prat,

:-) - as far as disclaimers go, i have some (hopefully) funny ones in my previous posts - check out Cost Cutting, Bitter Milk and Birla Mandir, Google's Blogger Survey, Nambikkai, Found a Bug and many more ;) :)